SCOPE OF WORK:
The jobholder is responsible to enroll students in the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC), formerly the University College of the Caribbean. The Admissions Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of direct admission functions of the university within broad policy guidelines to achieve defined University goals.
The job holder is required to assist with policy and procedure development and to coordinate a range of direct admissions related functions across the university including supervision of staff in the delivery of high quality business practices intended to administer the direct admission of students.
The job holder will also be required to provide strategic input into the direction of service provision for a wide range of clients. The Admissions Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative partnerships both internal and external to Student Administration and to provide strategic direction for direct admission issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of the admissions and recruitment process.
- Evaluate the academic records of prospective student, judging standardized test scores, managing the admissions staff, and working with other school administrators in developing criteria, tests, and policies.
- Visit community colleges, high schools and outreach sites representing the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean making formal presentations and answering questions regarding admission, financial aid, academic and extracurricular programs on campus.
- Maintain the admissions databases for student information and supervises the coordination of faculty interviews with students.
- Develop the current direct admission business processes and consider the process re-engineering of processes to gain efficiencies.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems associated with direct admissions.
- Assist in preparing a marketing plan that promotes the institution’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Develop and monitor statistical records to be able to improve recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and overall operational efficiency.
- Perform evaluation and implement admission guidelines on applicant files.
- Assist in the creation and development of scholarships and other programs that can boost recruitment as well as aid those who cannot afford tuition.’
- To coordinate the compilation of information for reports and surveys; which involves the preparation of reports and surveys reflective of student enrollment and Registrar’s office activities for utilization by administrations outside the institution (e.g. UCJ, PIOJ or STATIN).
- To manage and ensure the maintenance of appropriate, current and relevant student information systems (electronic and redundant) for the institution’s records (eg. Aeorion Student Management System).
The position will require-
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Teamwork Management Resources
- Planning and Organizing Resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment in interpreting policies and procedures, delegating responsibilities and evaluating administrative activities and the performance of subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Apply initiative and judgment to solve customer service and operational challenges with sensitivity, balance, flexibility and timeliness.
- Effective change management competence.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration, Services Management, Business Administration or any related field.
- A minimum of three (3) year’s managerial experience in Records Management maintenance or related activities at a managerial level.
- Successful leadership and management track record in a people-oriented environment.