DEAN, UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: Dean, Undergraduate Studies
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, Internationalization and Online Programmes, the successful applicant will have responsibility for the coordination and monitoring of all undergraduate academic programmes. The role includes the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all administrative and operational areas relating to schemes of study and service activities, in collaboration with Department Heads.
- Assisting with recruitment and effective orientation of suitably qualified full-time and part-time lecturers for programmes offered according to documented guidelines and procedures.
- Effective supervision of team-members in maximizing operational efficiencies
- Counselling students regarding relevant transfer arrangements, course selection, pre-requisites and co-requisites as applicable.
- Assisting with the development and timely implementation of appropriate marketing and public relations programmes
- Providing timely periodic reports on activities, challenges, action(s) taken, and recommendations for any occurrences within the Business Unit.
- Oversight of applicable administrative requirements of the Business Unit
- Assessing of future needs of all resources for the department including the needs of the various academic and non academic groups
- Providing leadership and direction in respect of enhancing the faculty’s academic standards in teaching, research and publications
- Familiarity with policies and procedures related to the operations within a University environment.
- Knowledge of undergraduate programmes curriculum.
- Knowledge of registration and accreditation requirements of the University Council of Jamaica.
- Knowledge of matriculation and transfer credit requirements.
- Knowledge of the Tertiary and High School systems in the Caribbean
- Experience in budgeting and the effective use of project management systems
- A Doctorate Degree or Terminal Degree.
- Diploma/Certificate in Teaching
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in the field or related/transferrable field or a combination of the following:
- Teaching and/or academic management in a tertiary educational institution;
- Research in a tertiary education environment; professional leadership in a relevant discipline.