FULL TIME FACULTY - KINGSTON & REGIONS
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons within the area of Kingston, Montego Bay, Mandeville and May Pen to fill the position of:
Full Time Faculty (with Administrative responsibilities) in the areas of:
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Accounting (Kingston and the Regions)
- Business and Management (Both Kingston and the Regions)
- Information Technology (Kingston Only)
- Mathematics/ Quantitative Methods
SCOPE OF WORK:
Assess students’ performance through a variety of methods. Counsel students, so as to assist them in appropriate academic programme selection and academic development. Plan, direct and administer the development, review and revision of curricula on behalf of UCC to meet the needs of the communities served by the organization and enhance the quality of the teaching and learning experiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Full-time members of faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for all University of the Commonwealth Caribbean students.
- The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: teaching, student advising, research activities, service and cooperative extension, curriculum matters and administrative responsibilities. Your responsibilities may include involvement in evening or weekend duties, off campus, as well as student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of curricula.
- Manage the production of text-based instructional materials and other learner support systems.
- Design, develop and maintain programme databases and records systems so as to ensure the proper archiving of curriculum products.
- Coordinates the development and dissemination of common coursework assessments.
- Manage the review and assessment process in relation to requests to either develop or offer new courses/programmes.
- Collaborates with subject experts ( Lecturers, Advisory Boards, members of business and industry) to review existing curricula thereby ensuring that changes in regulations, best practices et al are reflected in the UCC curricula.
- Organize and manage professional development workshops etc to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure UCC curriculum is compliant with accrediting bodies’ requirements.
- Lecture small or large groups of UCC students at all locations as required.
- Design, prepare and develop teaching materials.
- Ensure that information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises are professionally prepared.
- Assist individual students with difficulties being encountered with their programmes.
- Ensure the appropriate management of the classroom situation so as to enhance. learning
The position will require the necessary competencies and skills:
a) Liaison requirements for the job
- To liaise with relevant administrative and academic departments across the university on administrative and student support matters.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
c) Planning and Organizing Resources
- To plan, priorities and organize the day-to-day work in accordance with deadlines and agreed objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students.
- To apply initiative and judgment to solve day-to-day problems with flexibility and timeliness.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Doctorate Degree in the area of expertise or at least be a Doctoral Candidate
- Teacher Training
- Teaching experience preferably at the tertiary level would be an asset.