The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of:
Full-Time Faculty (with Administrative responsibilities) for the Graduate Studies
...in the areas of:
- Business Administration
- Mathematics/ Quantitative Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Department
SCOPE OF WORK:
Assess students’ performance through a variety of methods. Counsel students, so as to assist them in appropriate academic programme selection and academic development. Plan, direct and administer the development, review and revision of curricula on behalf of UCC to meet the needs of the communities served by the organization and enhance the quality of the teaching and learning experiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time members of faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for all University of the Commonwealth Caribbean students.
- The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: teaching, student advising, research activities, service and cooperative extension, curriculum matters and administrative responsibilities. Your responsibilities may include involvement in evening or weekend duties, off campus, as well as student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of curricula.
- Manage the production of text-based instructional materials and other learner support systems.
- Design, develop and maintain programme databases and records systems so as to ensure the proper archiving of curriculum products.
- Manage the review and assessment process in relation to requests to either develop or offer new courses/programmes.
- Collaborates with subject experts ( Lecturers, Advisory Boards, members of business and industry) to review existing curricula thereby ensuring that changes in regulations, best practices et al are reflected in the UCC curricula.
- Organize and manage professional development workshops etc to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure the appropriate management of the classroom situation so as to enhance. learning
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The position will require the necessary competencies and skills:
a) Robust Research background/experience
b) Liaison requirements for the job
- To liaise with relevant administrative and academic departments across the university on administrative and student support matters.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
c) Planning and Organizing Resources
- To plan, priorities and organize the day-to-day work in accordance with deadlines and agreed objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students.
- To apply initiative and judgment to solve day-to-day problems with flexibility and timeliness.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Doctorate Degree in the area of expertise or almost completed.
- Teacher Training
- Teaching experience preferably 3-5 years at the Master’s level at a tertiary Institution.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted