The UNIVERSITY OF THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of President
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is the largest and fastest growing private higher education institution in the Caribbean. UCC now seeks to recruit a Caribbean-origin, decisive professional with significant academic and leadership experience in higher education in the English Caribbean, for the currently vacant role of President, at competitive compensation. The selected recruit will assume duties at the end of September 2018.
The President will have total responsibilities and accountability for the operations of the Institution and all its outreach centres in Jamaica; and the wider Caribbean and overall marketing of UCC’s Programme & Services, new programmes and services development and the further growth and timely expansion of the Institution in other selected Caribbean islands.
The President should have an understanding and commitment to the mission of the Institution and student success and a demonstrated ability to work with business, industry, government and the international community at large obtaining grants to support various institutional initiatives and projects.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Successful record of senior-level leadership in higher education and/or business. Qualified candidates will have earned at least a Doctorate Degree with substantial experience in a senior management position.
- Should have experience in i) fundraising and the ability to articulate institutional, programmatic and fundraising goals ii) identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts and helping to conduct fundraising campaigns, and iii) some experience in proposal or grant writing for non-profit or educational institutions;
- Adept at revenue-based budgeting, financial management and forecasting. Ability to generate and analyze research data. Working knowledge of appropriate financial analysis techniques.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
- Innovative vision and change management expertise
- Sophisticated grasp of data, educational technologies, and analytics
- Robust research publications record at Full Professor level
- Understanding of the Jamaican higher education sector
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
Applications and inquiries may be sent to email@example.com, with a deadline of June 8, 2018. To expedite the process, please ask three (3) referees to send their confidential reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.