The UNIVERSITY OF THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: President
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is the largest and fastest growing private higher education institution in the Caribbean. UCC’s dynamic leadership, together with its professionally qualified, experienced and committed staff, has exemplified best practice across the institutional development horizon for more than a decade. UCC now seeks to recruit a Caribbean-origin professional with significant academic and leadership experience in higher education, for the currently vacant role of President, at competitive compensation.
The President will have total responsibilities and accountability for the operations of the Institution and all its outreach centres in Jamaica; and the wider Caribbean and overall marketing of UCC’s Programme & Services, new programmes and services development and the further growth and timely expansion of the Institution in other selected Caribbean islands.
The President should have an understanding and commitment to the mission of the Institution and student success and a demonstrated ability to work with business, industry, government and the community at large are also important attributes.
The President is also expected to provide some degree of leadership for obtaining grants from the national corporations and international foundations and multi-laterals to support various institutional initiatives and projects.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Successful record of senior-level leadership in higher education and/or business. Qualified candidates will have earned at least a Masters Degree with substantial experience in a senior management position, A Doctoral Degree is an asset.
- Experience in Higher Education Administration and Leadership in the English Speaking Caribbean.
- Substantial experience of effective grant acquisition capabilities and success in fundraising or in a closely comparable field with significant experience in a college, university or system setting with a comprehensive development program;
- Should have experience in i) fundraising and the ability to articulate institutional, programmatic and fundraising goals ii) identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts and helping to conduct fundraising campaigns, and iii) some experience in proposal grant writing for non-profit or educational institutions;
- Effective in various situational leadership roles with a variety of constituencies;
- Adept at revenue-based budgeting and forecasting. Ability to generate and analyze research data.
- Working knowledge of appropriate financial analysis techniques is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, strong communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
- Innovative vision and change management expertise
- Sophisticated grasp of data, educational technologies, and analytics
- Effective and timely decision-making competences
- Budget, financial management and fund-raising skills
- Significant Jamaican/Caribbean professional work experience
- Understanding of the Jamaican higher education sector
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
Applications and inquiries may be sent by November 20, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.