The UNIVERSITY OF THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of President.
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is the largest and fastest growing private higher education institution in the Caribbean. UCC’s dynamic leadership, together with its professionally qualified, experienced and committed staff, has exemplified best practice across the institutional development horizon for more than a decade. UCC now seeks to recruit a Caribbean-origin professional with significant academic and leadership experience in higher education, for the currently vacant role of President, at competitive compensation. The selected recruit will assume duties at the end of March 2018.
The President will have total responsibilities and accountability for the operations of the University and its campuses in Jamaica; and overall marketing of UCC’s programme and services, new programmes and services development and the further growth and timely expansion of this institution of higher education in other selected Caribbean islands.
The President should have an understanding and commitment to the mission of the University, the role of the faculty in creating student success, and a demonstrated ability to work with business, industry, government and the community at large are also important attributes.
The President is also expected to provide some degree of leadership for obtaining grants from the national corporations and international foundations and multi-laterals to support various institutional initiatives and projects.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Successful record of senior-level leadership in higher education and/or business. Qualified candidates will have earned at least a doctorate degree from an accredited or recognized university, with substantial experience in a senior management position.
- Experience in Higher Education Administration and Leadership in the English Speaking Caribbean.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, strong communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
- Innovative vision and change management expertise
- Sophisticated grasp of data, educational technologies, and analytics
- Effective and timely decision-making competences
- Budget, financial management and fund-raising skills
- Robust research publications record at Full Professor level
- Significant Jamaican/Caribbean professional work experience
- Understanding of the Jamaican higher education sector
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Effective in various situational leadership roles with a variety of constituencies;
Applications and inquiries may also be sent to email@example.com, with a deadline of November 15, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.