SCOPE OF WORK:
The job involves the proactive and efficient development and management of the University’s records and information management programme. This includes recommending and coordinating policies and procedures for efficient records systems, providing guidance in the use of records management technology, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, developing records management training, and providing program evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- To support the University Registrar in the operation and maintenance of all student records using the University’s student record systems which includes both database and paper based files, thus ensuring the highest level of accuracy and compliance with the institution and external body processes and regulations.
- To review, recommend, and revise University policies and procedures by analyzing recordkeeping methodologies and requirements to achieve compliance with technology, legal, and records and information requirements and institution best practices.
- To oversee and coordinate the activities of the University’s records retention program in compliance with legislative guidelines.
- To manage and coordinate activities involved in the establishment and maintenance of students’ records; review records to ensure completeness, accuracy and adherence to University standards.
- To ensure the conformity of records release procedures to registration policies and legal requirements governing the confidentiality of student records.
- To have an excellent knowledge of the university’s admission policies and processes and student enrolment statuses.
- To develop a thorough understanding of the university’s programmes in order to facilitate students’ progression towards successful graduation.
- To assist with the staging of events such as the annual orientation and graduation ceremony.
- To conduct annual call for records and prepare the records for storage in the inactive storage facility. Ensure inactive storage facility meets archival requirements and keep up with the arrangement and inventory of all contents maintained in the inactive storage.
- To oversee the transition from a paper-based system to an electronic document and records management system (EDRMS).
- To identify the most appropriate records management resources, and advising on and implementing new records management policies and classification systems.
- To provide a policy framework outlining how individuals are expected to manage their records and use the system in place.
- To manage the provision of information in response to enquiries and requests from both internal and external clients.
- To supervise and train assigned staff in records maintenance and in preparing and publishing documents requested by students and other stakeholders.
- To coordinate the compilation of information for reports and surveys; which involves the preparation of reports and surveys reflective of student enrolment and Registrar’s office activities for utilization by administrations outside the institution (e.g. UCJ, PIOJ or STATIN).
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Master’s Degree in Records and/or Information Management/Business Administration or any related field.
- A minimum of three (3) year’s managerial experience in records/registration maintenance or related activities at a managerial level.
- Successful leadership and management track record in a people-oriented environment.