Executive Short Courses
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- To apply for a short course
- The complete your registration
- Study options
- Payment options
- Campus resources
- Mechanisms for student concerns
- Online student support
- Contact us
- Submit a completed application form including TRN and date of birth (year/month/day) along with a copy of one (1) Government issued photo ID to email@example.com, apply via our website or deliver to the Corporate Education Office, UCC Main Campus, 17 Worthington Avenue, Kingston 5.
- To register groups of five (5) or more for scheduled courses or customized options, contact us directly.
- Submit your payment receipt for the course and registration fee to UCC Corporate Education
- Registration closes one week before the start date
- You will receive an email confirming registration and providing your access for online classes or class locations and course schedule.
- Remember to register early and check your email inbox and junk folders frequently for messages to reduce the risk of missing important updates.
- The UCC Corporate Education provides access to professional training via short courses/seminars, certificate courses and postgraduate courses.
- UCC undergraduate and graduate students are restricted from completing any certificate course that is a required module in their curriculum map.
- Course presenters are certified industry experts with current experience in their field of knowledge.
- Classes are presented at the identified UCC campus Face-to-Face, Online or on a combined schedule.
- Live Online classes allow participants to fully interact with the facilitator and classmates in real time while studying from home or office
- Register a group of five (5) or more and let us arrange customized training in office for your team or at another training facility.
- The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean is registered with and recognized by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ), the official local/regional accreditation Body for Higher Education.
- Registration and recognition mean that UCC is accredited to offer academic, vocational, technical, and professional programmes and to confer awards ranging from certificates through to the graduate level.
- A student that registers through UCC Corporate Education and achieves a passing grade or higher for a UCC short course, certificate course or postgraduate certificate course is awarded a certificate, university credits and additional benefits, where applicable.
- Apply early and make payment in full or multiple partial payments at any time, in any amount, until registration and course fee is received in full prior to the start date.
- Apply up to one week before the start date and pay in full or request a UCC payment plan
- Apply for third party student financing and submit approval to UCC along with your application
- Submit employer or other sponsor approval for payment in full or for part of the required fee
- Payments are accepted at any UCC campus from a debit or credit card. Cashiers will not accept cash payments exceeding $2,000JMD. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bank deposits or transfers can be made to UCC:
- Library and Information Center
- The Campus Bookstore
- The Cafeteria (options differ by campus)
- Security Helpdesk
Students are asked to submit administrative complaints in writing to their Programme Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If students are unable to reach their lecturer within the scheduled times, they can advise their coordinator via email at email@example.com
Online support comes in three forms:
- Technical support regarding issues of online login access and inability to participate; email course platform support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical support regarding login username and password before, during or after class time, email Online Coordinator: email@example.com
- Students can submit administrative requests to their Programme Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further queries about our programmes or would like to register a group, please call us at (876) 665-3999 /4056 /4058 or email us: email@example.com.
UCC CORPORATE EDUCATION DIVISION
University of the Commonwealth Caribbean
17 Worthington Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Tel: (876) 665-3999, (876) 665-4056 and (876) 665-4058.