MSc. in Digital Marketing Management
The M.Sc. overall is 180 credits, with the intermediate PgCert and PgDip awards being 60 credits each.
- The course is focused on organisation and includes extensive relevant case studies and working examples.
- It fosters your conceptual understanding of the issues within the Digital Marketing Management field so you are able to critically evaluate relevant academic literature.
- It has an academic ethos with the focus on you developing the ability to evaluate, appraise and critique new ideas, models and concepts, and to identify any biases and assumptions inherent in these.
- It provides an opportunity to develop the ability to critically evaluate the impact of Digital Marketing Management theory and practice in resolving major challenges and the importance of relevant academic research to the area.
- It is a rigorous programme of study that develops expertise through independent investigation and creative critical thinking, preparing you to undertake further research in Digital Marketing Management.
Over time the marketing profession has seen significant changes in the required knowledge and skills demanded by the constantly evolving digital environment. According to the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) (2015) "Data is the currency of success. It is not enough for marketers to know that analytics and data science can help – they need to know how to use them to make good choices. They must take a scientific approach." It is with this in mind that we tailor the M.Sc. Digital Marketing Management to ensure its graduates can tackle real world issues in an intellectual and challenging manner in this dynamic area of professional and academic marketing.
Our staffs are at the forefront of key areas in the field of Digital Marketing which include Digital Marketing Plans and effective Social Media for Organisations. You will benefit from both technical and critical evaluation skills, plus the capability to use modern techniques for making decisions in complex situations that are relevant to Digital Marketing Management. The M.Sc. Digital Marketing Management will provide a solid basis for further study (i.e. doctoral level) or a career in the broad Digital Marketing Management area.
One year of this program is dedicated to working in an institution at a management level to research, develop, and implement monitors/controls of the Digital Marketing. This course is highly flexible and allows its students the opportunity to look at various aspects of digital marketing debate ranging from new and emerging themes relating to branding, content curation and analytics, thereby offering a clearly differentiated positioning and providing a significant update on the more traditional marketing provision. The inclusion of a project as a capstone module is in addition to the alternative dissertation, providing you with the opportunity to focus your project on an issue that is relevant to your workplace.