Pre Med Degree Entry Requirements
Five CSEC subjects at the General Proficiency Level (B+ and above) including:
- Mathematics and English
- Three other subjects which must include a minimum of two related science subjects (e.g. Biology, Physics and Chemistry)
- Equivalent qualifications from other countries, which will be verified by the Programme Director.
MD Degree Entry Requirements
1. Caribbean School of Medical Sciences, Jamaica Entrance Examination with a minimum score of 60%.
OR: one of the following requirements must be met:
- Pre-Med Qualification with a GPA of 3.2
- First degree in Sciences/Health Sciences with a GPA of 3.2
Equivalent qualifications from other countries (subject to UCJ regulations)
2. Medical Colleges Admissions Test (MCAT), with a minimum score of 24.
3. Advanced placement with appropriate qualifications, will be for people who are over 40 years old but less than 50.
- NB: Students whose mother language is not English and have not passed Secondary level English language will be required to pass an English Proficiency Test.
- All prospective students with appropriate qualification will be interviewed after initial assessment.
- Duration 16 weeks per semester - 4 Semester
- Tuition Fees US$ 3,000 per semester / US$12,000 full program
- Average Costs for Books US$ 250 per semester (Online Books will be much more affordable)
Basic Sciences Program (MD Year 1 and 2)
- Duration 16 weeks per semester – 6 Semesters
- Tuition Fees US $ 7,000 per semester or (US $21,000 annually)
- Average Costs for Books US$ 400 per semester (Online Books will be much more affordable)
Clinical Sciences Program (MD Year 3 and 4)
- Duration 16 weeks per semester - 6 Semesters
- Tuition Fee US$ 8,000 per semester or (US $24,000 annually)
- Average Costs for Books US$ 600 per semester (Online Books will be much more affordable)
|Commitment Reservation Fee||
US $1,000 non-refundable (this will be adjusted towards first semester fee)
|Late Registration Fee||US $250 (applied only when past due date)|
|ID/Access control card Fee||
|Examination Fee for all exams||US $15 per credit|
|Financial Aid Contribution||US $100 per disbursement|
|Late Tuition Payment Fee||US $100 per month (applied when past due date) Payment due date is 1 week before the start of each semester|
|Loan Processing||Bank of Nova Scotia|
Other Non-Academic Expenses (US$)
Off Campus accommodation
$500 - $1,000 per month (single accommodation) + Meal Expense + Living Expenses + Transportation
Air Fare to Jamaica
$500 - $2000 per round trip depending on the region – US, Caribbean, Canada, Intercontinental
Average cost US$ 700