CAMPUS MANAGER – OCHO RIOS
This is a very responsible administrative position directed at coordinating the administrative support functions of the assigned programmes/ activities of the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean, at the assigned regional location.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following
- To coordinate the development and timely implementation of appropriate marketing and public relations programmes through-.
- Ensuring that new and prospective participants are provided with accurate and up-to-date information about the institution and its programme offering.
- Promotion of the various programmes offered by the institution to different interest groups of employers, employees, and students through participation in school career expositions, etc.
- Maintain frequent communication with the student population through memos, notices to update and provide pertinent information to ensure a smooth operation of the programme(s). Hosting periodic group meetings (at least at the first session of each module - to introduce lecturer, prescribed text(s) etc.). Problems and / or concerns raised by students must be effectively addressed and/or referred to the VP of Academic and Student Affairs or other relevant personnel for advice or consultations.
- Liaise with students regarding the prompt payment of course fees as indicated in statements of accounts issued by the Accounts Department.
- Assist in facilitating your lecturers through their claim procedure to ensure prompt and accurate remuneration according to documented procedures.
- Assist in the supervision of the Department’s staff ensuring maximum efficiency of operations and making recommendations for improvements/changes in the best interest of the organization as a whole. This includes assisting in staff welfare and development by assisting with and/or ensuring the continuity of performance criteria and appraisals for individual members.
- Play a creative and active role in clarifying ‘course policies’ and participating in relevant discussions and/or seminars, from time to time, on any curriculum development as is germane to the programmes being offered at all locations.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the UCJ Registration and Accreditation; the partner institution’s course policies, guidelines and requirements; UWI Matriculation, Articulation and Transfer Credit; as well as other validation process.
- Represent the Institution by attending relevant training sessions and seminars at the partner institution(s), UCJ and other bodies as is required from time to time.
- Counsel students about transfer arrangements, course selection, pre-requisites and co-requisites as applicable.
- Assist with recruitment and the proper orientation of suitably qualified lecturers for the programmes according to documented guidelines and procedures. Ensure the delivery of prompt service and the maintenance of high educational standards and exemplary teaching quality.
- Assist in the preparation of a monthly status report on all your activities, challenges, action(s) taken, and recommendations etc. This report is expected to be a collaborative effort spearheaded by the Coordinator in consultation with the Director and submitted at the appropriate setting. Participate in departmental meetings (as scheduled) to report progress, problem areas and any recommended action points.
- Responsibility for the management of course and examination schedules in association with the main Programmes departments, Registrar, and Examination Unit.
- Ensure through communication with the UCC Book and Gift Centre that texts and other relevant course materials are in sufficient supply and are available on a timely basis as required.
- To supervise the staff of the centre, ensuring maximum efficiency of operations and making recommendations for improvement / changes in the best interest of the organization. Assist in staff welfare and development.
The position will require –
- Of UCC academic policies and practices
- Of academic policies and practices of other institutions
- Of basic information technology
Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the programmes to be coordinated.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment in interpreting policies and procedures, delegating responsibilities and evaluating administrative activities and the performance of subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students and lecturers in conveying the aims and objectives of the institution.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A minimum of three (3) year’s experience in a similar or related position.
- Have a teacher’s diploma.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Business Studies or related field
- Be the owner or in possession of a reliable motor vehicle
- A Masters Degree would be an asset
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.