Director, International Recruitment & Enrollment
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions of:
POSITION:VIRTUAL POSITION, DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT & ENROLMENT (PART-TIME INITIALLY)
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Director, International Recruitment & Enrolment leads the activities implementing the annual cycle of recruitment functions and advising services in support of the International Student Initiative and Global On-Campus & ONLINE University mandate to meet the University’s international enrolment targets in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Director, International Recruitment & Enrolment identifies new opportunities for recruitment, and initiates contact with potential new sources of qualified prospective students globally, for both direct entry and the emerging pathways program and expand UCC’s Global On-Campus & ONLINE University presence internationally, and provides operational leadership to a diverse, inclusive and high performance, results-oriented recruitment team.
Overall, the Director, International Recruitment & Enrollment will be responsible for undergraduate, graduate, transfer, early college and international admissions and assisting, where necessary, in indentifying financial aid. He/she will provide leadership for analyzing the competitive setting of higher education, identifying and recruiting new student markets, developing innovative international recruitment strategies, setting strategic enrollment objectives, elevating the use of technology, and optimizing the overall recruitment and enrollment process. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Senior Local Director; Recruitment & Enrolment in Jamaica; and Financial Aid.
The Director will develop data-based and effective financial aid strategies for new and continuing students.
Working closely with the AVP, Academic Affairs & Local Director, Recruitment & Enrolment, the Director will develop a successful strategy for promoting the University to prospective students and their families throughout the Caribbean, wider Commonwealth region, USA, China & other relevant countries. With a focus on new and innovative strategic planning, the Director will engage in efforts to modernize the standards for how the University recruits, markets, and communicates with an effort to recruit and retain a highly diverse and eclectic student body. The Director reports directly to the President and/or Group Executive Chairman serves as a member of the President's Council.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- The Director, International Recruitment & Enrolment serves as a member of the UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University Extended Leadership Team. He/she is a key participant in implementing the UCC’s strategy to fulfill the unit’s mandate to increase and sustain the number and diversity of international students within the University. In this capacity:
- Promotes actively UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University and other agreed UCC-affiliated undergraduate and graduate degree programmes being offered ONLINE by using local knowledge and UCC-provided promotional material exclusively and without amendment.
- Recruits actively, qualified students for UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University across the full range of courses offered by UCC & its international partner universities, as agreed & where applicable.
- Assist prospective students with the formal requirements involved in applying for admission to UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University or other UCC international affiliates as agreed.
- Analyzes international students’ applications, admissions and registrations in accordance with the guidelines provided for entrance to the University and ensure that all necessary evidence and documents (in English Language translation for transcripts etc) accompany a prospective student’s application or acceptance of offer.
- Provide accurate & inclusive advice to students with respect to UCC or other relevant UCC-affiliates and their programmes as may be agreed. To advise prospective students on immigration to Jamaica and visa requirements to attend the required residency in Jamaica (including cost of living etc) for those international students who may have chosen the Blended modality – which will require a 2-4 week residency in Jamaica each year in either April or June versus the 100% Online modality which does not require residency in Jamaica.
- Increase and improve the product knowledge, communications, and maintain a high standard within the working relationship. A special focus must be put on the entry requirements for the relevant UCC’s Global On-Campus & ONLINE University programmes or the programmes of UCC’s affiliates as agreed.
- Keep UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University informed of new and existing market opportunities in respect of international online student recruitment and relationship building with appropriate organisations and institutions by way of periodic reports/emails.
- Provides operational guidance and direction to the Sub-Officers/Agents assigned to the regional team, and to the contractors (base camp recruiters) working on behalf of the UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University.
- Collaborates with UCC’s Global On-Campus & ONLINE University Admissions officers evaluating students for admission, as well as with other members of Enrolment Services to ensure the particular needs and concerns of these students are considered and addressed as appropriate from the region.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director in Jamaica in selected recruitment activities globally to synchronize and support the smooth transition of newly admitted international students to UCC Global On-Campus & ONLINE University.
- Provides operational oversight for the wide range of recruitment activities taking place across the assigned various regions ensuring priority markets are addressed in accordance with the strategic plan, cultivating cross-team consistency and coherence in the initiating, planning and implementation of activities, monitoring for effectiveness, analyzing for achievement of results, and reporting to the president on same.
- Develops new and more effective business processes to support efficient planning and successful implementation of recruiting and advising services in the various regions, working proficiently to build client relationship to ensure collaboration for event and project management, management of leads, and general information sharing and records management.
- Provides operational guidance and direction to a high-performance, results-oriented Sub-Officers/Agents assigned to the region. Supervision consists of hiring, training, mentoring, and reviewing the performance of the recruiting team assigned.
- Executes recruitment functions and activities in an ethical and exceedingly professional and ambassadorial manner by utilizing UCC’s Global On-Campus & ONLINE University recruitment tools, to effectively engage prospective students.
- Contributes to a culture that supports innovation, and that identifies new programs and initiatives that will move the University forward towards achieving its enrolment and revenue goals.
- Engages effectively with the UCC’s Global On-Campus & ONLINE University Recruitment Marketing and Admissions team, ensuring the information flow between regional and marketing experts is continuous and serves the overall mandate of the unit.
- Identifies opportunities for new business partners, government sponsors, and identifies new target markets/market segments with recommendations on how they might be further developed.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director in drafting the weekly/monthly reports on recruitment matters such as achievements, drawbacks and deficiency.
- Conducts analysis to determine costs per recruited student, and makes recommendations to the Director on what activities could be safely cut back and which should be further developed or would achieve better results if more resources were applied.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director in developing the overall budget for recruitment within the assigned region, and subsequently works within that budget to carry out activities.
- To adhere to the highest ethical standards both in all operational practices and particularly in the selection of students.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree - a graduate degree will be an asset - in a relevant discipline; a minimum of five to six years of directly related experience in the field of international recruitment & enrolment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Directly related experience working within a large post-secondary institution will be a definite asset.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of what it takes to recruit international students.
- Experience in successfully working with major international recruiting portals/platforms including Studee, SCOIR, CAS Liaison & the College Board Search among others will be an asset.
- An understanding of and experience developing operational systems and processes to support logistically complex projects carried out in an international context.
- Strong networking abilities and experience developing and cultivating relationships with organizations and individuals.
- Ability to execute a strategic plan, and to assess and analyze achievement of results.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to present effectively to groups large and small.
- Ability to motivate, lead and effectively manage team-mates.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to support recommendations for change; ability to move from ideas to implementation.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with peers and subordinates, and to work effectively as a senior member of a high performance, results-oriented team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment; a creative and resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively within tight timelines and competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to details is key to the success or failure of a venture/project.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications, Excel and use of various management information systems.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in the field. This is a remote position and will require travelling to Jamaica from time to time.
Initial Compensation & Tenure:
This position is for 3 months initially, subject to review/renewal for at least another year depending on performance/initial tangible results ie. the achievement of MINIMUM agreed international enrolment targets.
The successful incumbent will receive a flat monthly non-taxable remuneration of US$2,000 plus additional benefits, inclusive of performance based incentives of up to 15% on the first year’s tuition of students directly recruited by the Director.