The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is a Candidate for Institutional Accreditation from the University Council of Jamaica. UCC is also institutionally accredited by ASIC, the UK-based Accreditation Services for International Colleges and Universities. UCC seeks to build a core of full-time faculty members who are engaged in research publication, research-driven teaching - and doctoral student supervision, in due course.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions of:
Full-Time Doctorally-Qualified Faculty Members in the areas of:
Business & Management
Human Resource Management
Tourism and Hospitality Management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-time members of faculty are professional educators, with the primary responsibility of providing excellent learning experiences for all University of the Commonwealth Caribbean students at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: excellent teaching, student advising, research activities, professional service and community engagement, curriculum development, and relevant administrative responsibilities. Responsibilities may include involvement in evening or weekend duties, off campus, as well as student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development, delivery and monitoring of curricula for face-to-face and online programmes.
- Manage the production of text-based instructional materials and other learner support materials.
- Design, develop and maintain programme databases and records systems, so as to ensure the proper archiving of curriculum products and student progression.
- Ensure appropriate classroom management as well as participate in professional development workshops and seminars so as to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The position will require the following competencies and skills:
- Robust teaching and research background
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, and with other UCC community members
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A Doctoral Degree from an accredited University in the specified discipline. Applications will be considered from ABDs whose degree is almost completed.
- Successful teaching experience, for at least 3-5 years, at an institution of higher education
Fulbright recipients are welcome to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted