HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
The HR Officer will perform the Manpower/Resources Planning, Recruitment and Hiring functions of the organization and work closely with the Human Resource Manager in achieving departmental goals. Provide technical assistance in organizational design and analysis and supervise subordinates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop and Execute Recruitment Plans
- Direct the activities of the Recruitment Function to ensure all vacancies are filled within the stated timeframes and within the standards set out by the organization.
- Ensure consistent quality of job applicants and keep recruitment costs at a minimum.
- Perform Administrative and Coordinating roles which include the pre-hire process of advertising, screening for suitability, interviewing, testing and assessments, references, and all other activities needed to hire recruits.
- Coordinate with the Executives and Managers in forecasting the Manpower Needs of their Departments and provide guidance on qualifications, experience and profile needed to fill particular roles.
- Responsible for ensuring that Organization Charts are updated and Manpower Reports are accurate.
- Ensure that positions being recruited are approved and in line with organizational needs and provide feedback to the Managers and Human Resource Manager in exceptions.
- Responsible for developing channels, building relationships with external bodies, and building pools of suitable internal and external candidates for resourcing purposes.
- Responsible for the efficient Management of all the records and files (hard and soft copy) associated with the Recruitment Process.
- Ensure that a periodic review for quality is done of the entire recruitment and initial orientation process and improvements made continuously towards documentation and processes to improve efficiency.
- Explore new recruitment channels and provide the HR Manager with contemporary and workable recommendations.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Training/Experience in Recruitment Testing and or Assessment Design is an asset.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships on behalf of the institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at a very high standard
- Ability to benchmark and set the institution within the context of the competitive environment
- Good negotiation skills
- A high level of initiative, accountability and integrity
- Ability to work within extremely tight timeframes and under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team environment and capable of dealing with a diverse group of people
- Up to date with current employment legislation and ensure the Human Resource Manager is kept abreast of any changes where appropriate
- Relevant computer software and office management skills including MS Word, Excel, PPT and HRMIS
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- At least a Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management
- At least two (2) years experience in human resources with an emphasis on the Recruitment Function
- Computer Literacy at the Intermediate to Advance Levels