INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN COORDINATOR
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: Instructional Design Coordinator
The Instructional Design Coordinator position is responsible for providing direction for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of online courses for UCC’s indigenous open online courses platform. The Instructional Design Coordinator is accountable for the design of the curriculum, and development of educational materials, including assessments. The Instructional Design Coordinator will foster inter-professional educational collaboration among team members.
Instructional Designer job duties and responsibilities:
- The university is seeking a collaborative Instructional Design Coordinator with well-rounded knowledge and expertise in performance-based instructional design and development, specifically for open online course platforms.
- This position will provide assistance to selected academic programmes on instructional design processes to ensure that online courses are designed and developed in compliance with internal standards and external quality standards.
- This position includes the review of and selection of international faculty. The Coordinator will collaborate with the UCC Online Director, Academic and Division Heads to staff the curriculum with appropriate expert instructors.
Job Duties Include:
- Manage the International Faculty Selection process, by validating requirements for instructional design; interviewing shortlisted candidates; maintaining tracking systems for IF engagement; communicating with stakeholders, including academic departments, UCC online director, and compliance officer.
- Use best practices in e-learning pedagogy, such as Quality Matters (QM), as well as the online learning management system (Moodle) and related instructional technology to support instructional design development for selected courses/programs.
- Provides oversight on Instructional Designs development to ensure that courses adhere to UCJ curriculum quality standards
- Liaise with international faculty in the design, development and delivery of online instruction by staying abreast of best practices in e-learning and high impact practices.
- Assist with the review of instructional designs and related rubric to ensure that courses meet the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) quality standards.
- Create interactive and engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Ensure that assessments and activities enhance the learning process
- Integrate current technology to create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, games, etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Work closely with IF and online programmes director to ensure standards are met
- Terminal Degree or Master's in Education with a specialization in Instructional Design or Educational Technology or other related educational field required.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ consistent experience in adult education
- Minimum five (5) years’ clearly related experience in instructional design and online education
- Must have experience managing team remotely
- Must have project management experience
- Degree must be granted by an accredited school.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Possesses extensive knowledge and full understanding of adult learning strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Ability to work with international faculty to craft online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to align content and outcome-appropriate delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid technological skills.
- Demonstrated skills using Articulate, Captivate, Photoshop, Basic HTML and Flash programming, Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator), and/or other relevant production software, Video Management system and Video editing software, and Moodle Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to manage educational projects and initiatives.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with individuals in the team remotely
- Ability to manage time and work with deadlines
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.