The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of MARKETING OFFICER.
The Marketing Officer’s primary remit is execution of the UCC Group’s traditional marketing strategies. The Officer is responsible to assist the Director (or incumbent) with all aspects of marketing strategy formulation and execution in support of the Group’s goals and objectives. The Officer is responsible to develop and execute various marketing and support activities and concomitant budgets both above and below the line to attain departmental targets.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following:
1. Assist in the development and review of marketing plans, activities and budgets.
2. Support the Director in overseeing the department’s operations.
3. Conduct marketing research.
4. Organize and attend marketing activities or events.
5. Work in conjunction with relevant departments to ensure the accuracy of salient information produced by the Marketing department.
6. Ensures the accuracy, good condition and visibility of the Group’s signage island wide.
7. Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the Group’s presence
8. Assists in the creation, editing and production and quality assurance of marketing materials and advertising used by the organization e.g. brochures, posters, advertisements etc.
9. Employ market feedback and your own observations etc to develop methods to improve the department’s and the Group’s operations and cost effectiveness.
10. Responsible for developing systems that are sustainable and in so doing, to document them for future reference.
11. Assist and/or execute various special projects both internal and external to the department including graduations, and promotional events, etc.
12. ANY OTHER DUTIES and responsibilities as required to ensure the department’s success.
MARKETING OFFICER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, or Business Administration is required.
• A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
• A minimum of four (4) years of related/successful experience in a marketing or communication position.
• Ability to draft content for marketing and promotional materials including, corporate communications, creative copy, marketing briefs, publicity material and collateral copy etc.
• Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
• Deep understanding of changing market dynamics