The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of:
This position is aimed at performing and assisting in the supportive functions/duties of the Operations Department of the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean.
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited or confined to) the following:
- Assist in managing the daily operations in maintenance of all UCC locations.
- Write letters and memos as required.
- Maintain records by filing documents such as invoices, quotations, letters, etc.
- Provide the daily duty checklist for Office Attendants and Officers.
- Effectively manage the inventory of all items for the Operations Department and update the database on a timely basis.
- Keep track of funds spent and produce monthly budget reports.
- Provide update to Manager and Operations Officers on requests or issues affecting each department.
- Monitor the Operations Help Desk to determine all outstanding jobs, provide the reports generated by the system to show the duration of time the jobs are outstanding so that remedial action can be taken.
- Coordinate and/or deal with the receipt and dispatch of mails to various departments, campuses/locations, bearers and courier services.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors regarding the ordering of goods or request for services.
- Conduct research and collect facts and figures for the department’s budget in consultation with the managers.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or addition to building on any UCC locations.
- Make electronic room bookings for classes and other events.
- Minutes taking on departmental meetings.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels across the institution both orally and in writing.
- Be able to communicate with internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Have a professional demeanor.
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have an appreciation of the UCC philosophy, vision and mission
- Have a high level of initiative, accountability and integrity
- The ability to work well within a team
- Competency in spreadsheets, database management and other software applications.
- At least one (2) year working experience in an administrative post.
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Studies/ Business Administration or related area of study.
To apply please email email@example.com