The UNIVERSITY OF THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: President
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is the largest and fastest growing internationally accredited private higher education institution in the Caribbean. UCC now seeks to recruit a Caribbean-origin, decisive professional with significant academic and leadership experience in higher education in the English Caribbean, for the currently vacant role of President. The selected recruit will be expected to assume duties as soon as possible.
JOB FUNCTIONS (includes but not limited to):
Total responsibilities and accountability for the operations of the Institution and all its outreach campuses in Jamaica; and the wider Caribbean and overall marketing of university’s Programme & Services, new programmes and services development and the further growth and timely expansion of the Institution in other selected Caribbean islands.
The incumbent should have an understanding and commitment to the mission of the Institution and student success and a demonstrated ability to work with business, industry, government and the community at large are also important attributes.
The incumbent is expected to provide some degree of leadership for obtaining grants from the national corporations and international foundations and multi-laterals to support various institutional initiatives and projects.
- Experience in Higher Education Administration and Leadership in the English Speaking Caribbean.
- Energetic, high capacity for hard work and able to manage tight and business critical deadlines.
- Effective grant acquisition capabilities and success in fundraising or in a closely comparable field with significant experience in a college, university or system setting with comprehensive development program;
- Adept at revenue-based budgeting, financial management and forecasting. Ability to generate and analyze research data. Working knowledge of appropriate financial analysis techniques.
- Successful record of senior-level leadership in Higher Education Administration and Leadership in the English Speaking Caribbean.
- Innovative vision and change management expertise
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of the Jamaican higher education sector
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
Candidates will have earned at least a Doctorate Degree with substantial experience in a senior management position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.