Thursday, June 1, 2023
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of:
The Statistician will be responsible for:
- Conducting statistical institutional effectiveness research, working with Heads of Academic, Administrative and Strategic Business Units.
- Participating in the development of statistical methodology, study design and data analysis.
- Using statistical software and other methods to gather, analyze and interpret research data.
- Formatting data to develop and prepare reports, charts, tables and other related documents.
- Collaborating with the relevant IS&T appointed Manager to ensure the timely publication of data and dashboards to all relevant stakeholders within UCC so as to facilitate decision-making
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
- Collates relevant information as directed from Heads of Academic, Administrative and Strategic Business Units, then collate analyze, interpret and present the results.
- Selects data samples, prepares questionnaires and surveys, and conducts logic checks to maintain data quality for all Units and Departments within the UCC
- Uses existing statistical software and a variety of established statistical methods to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for the purposes of institutional effectiveness and research.
- Formats data, and develops and prepares reports, charts, tables, and other related documents and graphics.
- Collaborates with the relevant IS&T appointed Manager to ensure the timely publication and continuous update of dashboards
- Participates with other Heads in the development of statistical methodology, study design, and data analysis.
- Assists in project planning and management with clients and other staff members.
- May supervise data entry personnel and/or students on specific, project-related tasks.
- To analyze the impact of database changes to the Institution
- The continual review of data collection and evaluation processes for improvement
- Extract live data for statistical analysis, as required
- Review statistical solutions to identified IE gaps and make recommendations as necessary.
- Work closely with development teams with regards to database updates and design
- Monitor and evaluate reports and dashboards as requested.
- Work with diverse Strategic Business Units (SBUs) to develop dashboard information for Institutional Effectiveness
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to plan, create, program and manage complex statistical computer databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to apply a range of standard statistical techniques in support of scientific research studies and/or experiments.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Knowledge of statistical sampling and survey methodology.
- Skills in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Knowledge of statistical research principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
- To be able to understand data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Exposure to data mining and statistical analysis
- Project Management capabilities
- Understanding of Institutional Data Needs
- Experience with institutional effectiveness research would represent an asset.
- Master of Science in Statistics or a closely related area
- Minimum of three years of experience in working with institutional statistics
To apply please email email@example.com