Statistician/ Database Manager
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of:
The Statistician/Database Manager will see to the operational performance, integrity and security of the database. The Statistician/Database Manager will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users to ensure data remains consistent across the database.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)
- To advise management on the long-term operational capacity plans and growth.
- Design, create, deploy and manage databases and data models for various environments and processes - production, staging and development.
- The assignment of passwords and maintenance of database access.
- To analyze the impact of database changes to the business
- Audit database, backup and restore data on a continual basis.
- The continual review of processes for improvement
- The debugging of database issues on live data
- To develop and test methods to synchronize data
- Ensure platform availability
- Extract live data for analysis
- Develop data extraction transformation and load (ETL) processes
- To implement a backup and recovery plan
- Data mining
- The monitoring and planning of available disk space
- Oversee the development of new databases
- Proactively tune database in production
- Implement strategies that will prevent data loss
- Repair program bugs as needed
- Research emerging technologies for effectiveness and efficiency
- Review existing solutions and make recommendations as necessary.
- Implement security permissions for database
- Troubleshoot database errors
- Work closely with development teams with regards to database updates and design
- Develop reports using conventional reporting tools – Crystal Reports
- Develop Reports and Dashboards as requested using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or IDashboard.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Database Management
- Experience working with production servers
- The ability to configure database software
- To be able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Exposure to data mining and statistical analysis
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills using machine learning
- Solid Project Management capabilities
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics /Management Information System.
- A Masters Degree will be an assest.
- Certification - Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) level: MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 , MCSA: SQL 2016 BI Development, or MCSA: SQL 2016 Database
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar database environment
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as SQL, Java, Python, C#, Nodejs, Go is an asset
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted