VP, Regional Business Development & Expansion
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of:
VP, REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & EXPANSION
This individual must be someone who knows the region very well (and domicile in one of the islands) & will be responsible for leading the establishment, expansion & commercial presence of new UCC campuses across the Caribbean (at least 10 islands initially) using various business models to also include joint venture partnerships, franchising & licensing arrangements where possible.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The VP, Regional Business Development & Expansion is responsible for establishing strategic relationships and channel partnerships to lead the development of UCC’s offerings into the Caribbean & possibly wider Commonwealth regions. He/ She will be responsible for the development and marketing based strategy implementations for expansion of large partnerships and franchise sales, for each of UCC’s services within a defined territory. The VP, Regional Business Development & Expansion will make and communicate independent decisions to partners/customers managing the accounts related to sales territory assignments and appropriate incentives offered to prospective partners within the assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Formulate and conduct additional market intelligence research, where applicable, to understand market opportunity and business targets. Establish, define and maintain a strong competitive position through tactical observations of key marketing/business opportunities.
- Through appropriate partnership arrangements or otherwise, where feasible, seek to identify suitable central locations & establish new UCC physical campuses in each of at least ten (10) islands/countries. At least 3-5 such campuses should be operationalized by mid January 2020.
- Determines and evaluates ways to identify potential clients for our programs, as well as potential collaborations for franchising, licensing or joint venture arrangements.
- Develops relationships and responds to and anticipates prospect needs.
- Maintains a professional, consultative approach to promotion & selling.
- Produces concise presentations and proposals utilizing industry, company and personal expertise to expand sales of UCC’s undergraduate & graduate degree programmes and services.
- Manage operations in the region and internationally by facilitating a strong start and quality growth rate for new franchisees or licensees.
- Manages an ongoing sales process
- Marketing of UCC’s services & programs through phone prospecting, written correspondence and face-to-face interactions.
- Implement the strategies and tactics that leads to growth, market development and profitability of the organization.
- Exercise independent judgment and responsibility of sales and territories under general guidelines.
- Provides prospective franchisees or licensees with product information including territory availability, training, support, marketing, branding and costs.
- Maintaining standardized data collection among the different locations to provide actionable metrics to the franchise development team.
- Helping the franchise or JV partner locations to meet their individual revenue goals and ensuring that the sites being supported meet overall group goals.
- Responsible for primary relationship management, contractual results and strategic interactions with our partners. Including but not limited to supporting sales and account management teams of distribution partners.
- Maintains up to date and accurate knowledge of UCC services & programs.
- Masters degree in Business Management or related field.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Must possess franchising, contractor industry and territory knowledge required for maximum potential.
- Ability to make high level sales presentations in-person and via electronic means to small and large groups.
- Proven ability to overcome objections and control sales situations.
- Must be able to manage well established existing customer relationships and prospect for future opportunities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed and self-starting.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Willing to travel on a needs basis
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in the field. This is a remote position that will require travelling.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.