EXECUTIVE MASTER OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION &
CEMBA / CEMPA
The Commonwealth of Learning partners with universities around the world to offer the Commonwealth Executive Master’s programmes in a flexible, cost effective and viable mode of delivery. Convenient study options offer busy managers and working professionals a novel way of accessing a high-quality management education at an affordable cost.
Students may choose from two fields of study: Business Administration (CEMBA) or Public Administration (CEMPA) with the option of multiple exit points from which they can earn a post-graduate diploma or an Executive Master’s degree.
The features of these graduate degree programmes include:
- Cost effective and cost efficient educational operations
- Provision of equal opportunity of admission
- Self instructional learning materials, in print and non-print media (where relevant)
- Provision of face-to-face/classroom lecture sessions
- Continuous and terminal evaluation.
- Offered by a consortium of reputable universities in several of the 54 nations of the Commonwealth.
- Courses designed and developed by Canada’s top universities including York University, University of Toronto and University of Windsor.
- Programmes to be taught by a cadre of highly respected faculty.
In general, admission to the CEMBA/CEMPA programmes requires the following:
- A working knowledge of the English Language at the post-graduate studies level
- Successful completion of the Commonwealth Executive Management test (CEMAT) (where required) and submission of Prior Learning Assessment portfolio.
Bachelor’s degree - GPA < 2.5
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience at the supervisory/managerial level; Commonwealth Executive Management Achievement Test, (CEMAT) required.
Bachelor’s degree - GPA > 2.5
- 3 years’ working experience at the supervisory/ managerial level; CEMAT waived.
Without a Bachelor’s Degree
Significant managerial working experience required - at least 5 years in executive positions; other professional qualifications acceptable; CEMAT required; certain pre-requisite courses may be required to be taken at the UCC; prior learning assessment portfolio required.
In selecting participants, the Admissions Committee considers the following:
- Demonstrated managerial experience and effectiveness
- Potential for significant growth
- Ability to contribute to the study team and class participation
- Ability to do graduate work
- Maturity and motivation
- Ability and willingness to make 24 months (part-time) or 12 months (full-time) commitment
STUDY OPTIONS & LOCATIONS
- Kingston (Sunday and Tuesday/Thursday)**
- Mandeville (Sunday and Tuesday/ Thursday)**
- Montego Bay (Sunday only)*
- Ocho Rios (Sunday only)*
- Online (Sunday and Tuesday/Thursday)
- *Sundays only 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- **Tuesdays 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Sundays 1:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Online - Sundays 1:00 - 3:00pm and 4:00 -6:00pm; Tuesdays/Thursdays 6:00 - 9:00pm
Full-Time option (Kingston Only)
- Monday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.,
- Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Classes will be conveniently held in comfortable, state-of-the-art facilities in Kingston (Kingston cohorts), Mandeville (Mandeville cohorts), Montego Bay (Montego Bay cohorts) and Ocho Rios (Ocho Rios cohorts)
US$11,250US$8,900 (2019 Scholarship)
- Face-to-Face -US$12,500
*Subject to change, conditions apply
A US$250 non-refundable deposit is required upon acceptance to the programme. Payment of the balance can be paid in instalments in accordance with the Approved Payment Schedule. Participants who leave the Programme receive no refund. All cheques should be made payable to the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean.