B.Sc. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
WITH A MAJOR IN ACCOUNTING
4 Year Degree Course
The Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Accounting, has a strong business-related base of general education and core modules in business administration. Students then have the opportunity to continue with specialized modules in the upper level of the programme, which are focused on Accounting.
This programme is an excellent choice for students who also plan to go on to seek international professional certification in Accounting, such as ACCA designation. Such students will receive exemption from some Level I ACCA courses, including F1 – Accountant in Business; F2 – Management Accounting; F3 – Financial Accounting, F4 – Corporate & Business Law and F7 – Financial Reporting.
UCC’s B.Sc. in Accounting is an ACCA accredited programme.
This Bachelor of Science degree is a 4-year programme. You have the choice of selecting your courses or modules, so that your course of study is completed through classes in the early morning, daytime, evening or on Sundays.
Students have the option of exiting with an accredited Associate of Science Degree award in Business Administration, after 2 years of study in this programme.
- A degree with an international flavour set within a strong accounting framework
- Provides a thorough grounding in accounting principles and management
- Develops critical skills for a wide range of real world professional situations
- An excellent preparation for a career in professional accountancy and management
- Flexible study programme, not limited by any one particular class time or geographical region
UCC is a tertiary institution registered by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ), the official local accrediting body for tertiary education. UCC is working closely with the UCJ, for full accreditation of this B.Sc. degree with major in Accounting.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY