BACHELOR OF ARTS IN
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Equip yourself to work in the helping professions and become focused on serving and assisting others when you earn your bachelor's degree in Health and Human Services from the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean Global Campus (UCCGC). This human services degree prepares you to provide health and human services to diverse populations of all ages. Learning is geared toward enhancing the physical health, mental health, and social needs of individuals, families, and communities living in multiclass, multiethnic, and multicultural environments. As a field that needs quality human service professionals now more than ever, earning a bachelor’s degree can provide access to entry-level service-related positions where you can gain valuable knowledge and experience.
WHAT IS HUMAN SERVICES?
Human services is an interdisciplinary field of study that is focused on enhancing the physical and mental health and social needs of individuals, families, and communities. A human services worker helps their clients and communities achieve self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life in multiclass, multiethnic, and multicultural environments.
Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Accounting degree, you will be able to:
- Analyze health and human services delivery from political, socioeconomic, and psychosocial perspectives
- Evaluate social and human delivery systems at the individual, family, group, organization, and community levels
- Analyze social problems within the context of healthcare environments
- Evaluate ethical issues and challenges inherent in the provision of health and human services
- Analyze human behaviors within the health and human services context
- Evaluate human services issues, challenges, and interventions
- Discuss the provision of health and human services from multi-cultural perspectives
- Identify effective communication components and strategies with diverse health and human services constituents