BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN
COMPUTER SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY
Bring technological expertise to any organization with the Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Technology from the University of the Commonwealth Caribbean Global Campus (UCCGC). Computer software technology is an accumulation of information technology, software engineering, and computer science. Pursuing a computer software technology degree will give you the opportunity to explore these various aspects of the software technology industry. The degree covers all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, software design patterns, software development, software testing, and software project management.
Built on a solid foundation of mathematics and computer programming, this Bachelor of Science degree will teach you how to develop and maintain software technology systems that are affordable, behave reliably and efficiently, and satisfy all customer requirements. Build the technical skills to create quality software technology products and the business knowledge to implement the computer software effectively.
Upon completion of your online Bachelor of Science in Computer Software and Technology degree, you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, and scientific methods to system components and process development that meet requirement constraints in the software application domain.
- Employ professionalism, ethics, and social responsibility values related to computer software technology tasks and projects.
- Identify the computer software requirements that meet stakeholders’ specifications and concerns by selecting the appropriate requirements and elicitation techniques.
- Use proven techniques and patterns to design computer software structure before it is implemented.
- Utilize values, skills, and critical thinking throughout computer software engineering decision-making processes.
- Apply established verification and validation techniques with well-defined objectives and targets to ensure that the software technology is meeting its stakeholders’ specifications and deliverables.
- Communicate complex computer software engineering concepts in a multidisciplinary team using a variety of formats.
- Integrate modern computer software technology knowledge, techniques, programming, and management skills to develop and deliver reliable and complex software in a cost-effective manner.