For general information on admission to our programmes, visit this page
The Admissions Unit is a unit within the Registry. It is Responsible for the processing of:
- New student admission
- Re-admission (returning students)
- Transfers (of programme, campus and mode of study)
- Exemptions and Advanced Standings
- Assessment of academic qualifications to determine status of admission and eligibility for transfer credits.
The assessment of academic qualifications as it relates to matriculation into a programme of study may result in one of the following admission status:
- Full acceptance
- Full acceptance to do Core module(s)
- Conditional Acceptance (to complete one or more of the basic admission requirements)
- Conditional acceptance (Mature Entry)
Be advised of the following:
- Preliminary Result Slips are not final documents. Where these are submitted for proof of academic qualifications the Admissions Unit requires that official certificates are submitted as soon as they become available. Failing this a students file remains incomplete.
- Birth Certificates are required documents.
AWARD OF TRANSFER CREDITS
Assessment of academic qualifications as it relates to the award of transfer credits requires the submission of official transcripts from other tertiary institutions. The process is guided by the following:
- Compatibility of modules in terms of content.
- Modules must be similar in credit value/ hours.
- Attainment of a minimum grade of 50%.
- The institution must be registered with or accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ).
- A maximum of 50% of the UCC course load may be awarded as transfer credits.
- Where programme is incomplete, student should have commenced studies at UCC programme no more than seven (7) years in the case of a Bachelors and five (5) years in the case of an Associate or Diploma to the time of application to UCC.