Financial Reporting Accountant
RESPONSIBILITIES include (but not limited to) the following:
- Collecting, maintaining and analyzing financial data ensuring that all reporting complies with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Detecting trends and forecasting future needs
- Preparation of monthly statements to include profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Communicating financial information to the institution’s president and other stakeholders.
- Ensure proper and accurate documentation and reporting of financial transactions
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account the institution’s goals and financial standing
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Assisting with preparation of the annual budgets
- Researches accounting rules and regulations and making recommendations regarding institutions policies.
- Providing support and assistance to external auditors
- Participating in various educational opportunities and attending various conferences and updating knowledge efficiently.
The job is satisfactorily performed when the following are achieved:
- The monthly, quarterly and annual reports are accurately and timely distributed
- The provision of assistance to manage all ad hoc projects and assist management on all accounting activities.
The position will require –
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be a Team Player
- Be Proficient with Microsoft office systems.
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment.
- Computer literacy in accounting software.
- Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST
- A minimum of five (5) years’ as a financial reporting accountant.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- ACCA Certification
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org