Senior Executive Assistant
The jobholder is responsible for the effective, efficient and coordinated administrative efforts of the UCC Group Executive Chairman’s Office. The Senior Executive Assistant is the principal contact to the University of The Commonwealth Caribbean Group Executive Chairman both internally and externally and must ensure that the business of the office is moved forward according to the priorities and principles of the UCC Group of Companies.
The jobholder must be able to compose difficult correspondence independently, analyze difficult and/or sensitive situations and adopt an effective course of action, principles and practices relating to budget programs and general systems management, active listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, establish and maintain interpersonal relationships to create a cooperative and constructive working relationship.
The portfolio of the University of The Commonwealth Caribbean Group Executive Chairman spans all of the Institution’s campuses.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the following)
- The Senior Executive Assistant will provide CONFIDENTIAL, senior administrative support and implement the priorities established across the UCC Group of Companies, by
- strategically managing, coordinating and setting the relevant schedules,
- reviewing and screening requests for meetings, events and speaking engagements,
- Liaison with a variety of Departments, both internal and external
- Efficient management of appointment schedules (with an aim of avoiding conflicts).
- The Senior Executive Assistant is required to specifically:
- examine, analyze, evaluate and refer all incoming communication;
- scrutinize and take action on correspondence;
- review documents requiring signature;
- draft appropriate correspondence
- Interact intelligently with diverse audiences including partners, potential partners, executive and management-level staff, private citizens, and community groups.
- Perform tasks assigned, including and preparing supporting material for the Group Executive Chairman’s meetings and projects (both for meetings called by the Group Executive Chairman and those called by other party). It is important that for meetings called by other parties, there is clear rationale established (and consultation held) before meeting is confirmed.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Chairman's time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chairman, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Chairman's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Group Executive Chairman ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures. Board Support and Liaison.
- Use judgment to acquire necessary information from a variety of formal and informal sources in order to keep the Group Executive Chairman informed of matters affecting the University.
- Act as intermediary for the Group Executive Chairman, interacting with officials, and staff at all levels and the public.
- Provide information and resolution to issues requiring a comprehensive knowledge of institutional policies, procedures and special issues.
- Assist in research and analyses of data and the development of reports and proposals in Excel and other applications for the Group Executive Chairman’s Office.
- Make travel arrangements and accommodations Group Executive Chairman, Board Members and other stakeholders.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Ensures that the Group Executive Chairman’s Bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Chairman and the organization in general
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field of studies from a recognized institution. A Masters Degree would be an asset.
- Training in Paralegal Studies would be a distinct advantage
- Five (5) years experience in working with high level Executives, Directors, Deans, AVP, VP, or supporting senior executive(s) would be an advantage.
- Progressive experience in academic or related institutions
- A combination of professional development and experience leading to high levels of competency
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work on multiple, pressing projects simultaneously
- Must present a calm and professional demeanor to internal and external constituents in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (word processing, excel, power point, etc.)
- Must have an appreciation of the UCC philosophy and mission
- Have a high level of initiative, accountability and integrity
- The ability to work well within a team
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking and the ability to problem solve to the benefit of all parties when necessary are ideal.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and consistent output of high quality work are essential.
- Exercising confidentiality and discretion in all matters, at all times, is a must.
ATTRIBUTES (Incumbent must possess the following attributes)
- Political Savvy
- Performance focused
The jobholder may be required to work extended hours from time to time.
To apply please email email@example.com