UCC PARTNERSHIPS DIVISION
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does UCC mean by franchising and licensing?
UCC makes available our intellectual property, in the form of curricula, as well as our standard operating procedures and brand, to the franchisee who pays an initial fee for the right to do business under the UCC’s name and system, a competitive program fee – both one-time payments, and a quarterly royalty. Turning to licensing, UCC will provide UCC degree awards at a partner institution for a programme(s) delivered there that is accredited or specifically developed for delivery at the partner institution.
- What does UCC mean by Validation?
A new or existing, taught programme that is developed by a collaborating institution that is approved by UCC for delivery in that institution by the collaborating institution staff for a University of the Commonwealth Caribbean award.
- How soon can I begin the franchise process? How soon can I get started?
All prospects will go through a structured process of acquiring a license or franchise, commencing with completion of the initial prospect stage one document, which can be found here.
- What kind of investment is necessary to buy a franchise or license?
Please contact us at email@example.com
- Would I make a successful franchisee?
A successful franchisee should be suited to the tertiary education industry. The Important questions to ask yourself include:
- Am I suited to the industry physically and by experience, education, learning capacity, temperament and financial ability?
- What type of work is most appealing to me; do I enjoy working with people, books, curriculum, teaching and learning, for instance?
- Am I prepared to work hard and take financial risks?
- Do my advisors, family, and friends think I am adaptable and trainable?
- How do I react to controls and structure?
- Am I a loner - resenting authority and restraints, or can I accept guidance and direction happily?
- If I prefer to act as a passive investor in the franchise, will the company accept this?
- How do I personally feel about the company's image and services?
The right answers to these types of questions help determine your potential success as a franchisee.