MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Healthcare Management is an integrative and dynamic management development programme. Each participant takes core courses in critical business functional areas as indicated below:
- Leadership, Management and Relational Dynamics in Organisations
- Information Systems in Organisations
- Modelling, Analysis for Decision Making in Organisations
- Business Economics
- Managing People for Competitive Advantage
- Financial Accounting and Management
- Marketing Management and Strategy
- Business Ethics
- Global Context for Organisations
- Strategy and Organisation for Transformation and Growth
SPECIALIST COURSES FOR HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT
- HCMG6001 - Healthcare Management and Delivery
- HCMG6002 - Healthcare Quality Management
- HCMG6003 - Business Innovation in Healthcare
- HCMG6004 - Advanced Study Healthcare Project
The classes ensure critical support and attention from faculty, while the UCC tradition of linking the academic and the practitioner, based in close ties to the business community, adds important dimensions of learning to the programme. Students complete 42 credit hours of courses for the MBA degree.
In general, admission to the MBA programme requires the following:
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a recognised or/and accredited institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ working experience
- Completion of the Commonwealth Executive Management Achievement Test (CEMAT) or the GMAT (where GPA is below 2.7)
- A working knowledge of the English Language at the post-graduate studies level.
- Certain pre-requisite courses may be required to be taken at the UCC (where necessary).
- An Applicant submits an Application Form and other required documents to the College of Graduate Studies (Paper) or the Registry (Online or Paper) by the application deadline (or as allowed under special circumstances).
- An applicant is required to submit the following documents in order to be accepted as a student in one of the categories (Full or Mature Entry):
- Completed Application Form with attached passport size photograph
- Proof of academic qualification(s)
- Evidence of professional programmes/study (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (signed and dated)
- Current resume
- Two recommendations
- International documentation (if applicable)
An interview may be scheduled once the above documents are in hand for applicants.